Say NO to violation on road
This training course was conducted from the 24th to the 26th of February 2020 at the Karachi Traffic Police Headquarters and had the following learning objectives for the participants:
1. Understanding of the national, regional and global strategic context of the current road safety situation
2. Identifying the key data required for evidence based road safety enforcement planning, implementation, and evaluation
3. Understanding the importance of intelligence led and data driven road safety enforcement
4. Understand the basics of data analysis, identify key findings and use these to develop outcome based enforcement action plans
5. Understand the enforcement planning process and methodology
6. Understand the basics of monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of those plans
7. 26 participants attended from Karachi, Quetta, Hyderabad and Sukkur.
The course covered the contained the following modules:
1. The Road Safety Situation: International and National
2. Why investigate crashes?
3. Data for effective enforcement planning
4. Road crash data requirements
5. Enforcement Planning
6. Exercise: Enforcement Action Planning
Whilst evaluations were provided by the participants at the completion of the course, the outcomes have yet to analysed in detail. Preliminary examination of those evaluations showed that 100% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that the course had met the learning objectives and was of value to them.
The course was formally closed by the Additional Inspector General of Police (Karachi) and certificates were presented to all participants.